John Barrett has regular surgeries in the constituency. These are held, by appointment, on Fridays from 3pm and Mondays at 9am at 1a Drum Brae Avenue, Edinburgh EH12 8TE. Additional monthly surgeries are held in Kirkliston, Queensferry and Muirhouse; please contact the constituency office for details. John also holds street surgeries.
Your MP can help with issues which come under the remit of Westminster (called reserved powers). These are:
- the constitution of the UK;
- UK foreign policy;
- UK defence and national security;
- UK fiscal, economic and monetary policy;
- immigration and nationality;
- employment legislation;
- common markets for UK goods and services;
- social security;
- transport safety and regulation;
- certain other matters subject to UK and GB regulation, including: abortion, equal opportunities legislation, the National Lottery.
For issues covered by the Scottish Parliament, you should contact your MSP.
If you are not sure who you should be getting in touch with, please check our who to contact page for advice.